Information for Educators
Musical Innovations is a company that offers you better products, better plans and better prices. We’re a creative and multi-faceted company that desires to help you and your band program in a way no other school music company can.
See why many local band directors prefer M.I.!
Scroll to the bottom of the page for downloadable pdf resources that you can use in your classroom!
What Does it Mean to Be a Musical Innovations Preferred Account? (We’re glad you asked!)
Take a look at what we offer our Preferred Accounts:
- You will get regular visits from one of our Education Specialists, all of whom are experienced musicians and educators. They can help with onsite repairs, sectionals, even pre-festival or competition adjudications ... all free of charge.
- You will get the things your program needs, at surprisingly low prices, delivered to your school at your convenience, free of charge. In fact, our prices are very often lower than competitors’ or online pricing - ask us about our Price Match Guarantee.
- You will get quality instruments from major name brands - no “stencil” horns - with full warranty service - including assembly, and pickup and delivery as needed.
- You will have the ability to customize your school service to suit your preferences, including how often and when you’d like to see us, what brands/models we sell to your students, what accessories you prefer your students have, and so on.
- You will have the opportunity to order your print music at up to 25% off list price - saving you up to 35% off online prices - delivered to your school free of charge.
- You will have the opportunity to host FREE clinics with national-name clinicians such as Delfayeo Marsalis, Julian Bliss, Nina Perlove, Ali Ryerson, D. Ray McClellan, and the Dallas Brass ... just to name a few we’ve hosted in the past.
- You will have the opportunity to have your students try out a large selection of step up and pro instruments - right there in your school - including flutes from our custom flute shop, Carolina Flutes (the largest selection of pro flutes in SC). We offer finance options for step up and pro instruments that your parents will love.
- You will have the opportunity to keep up with the latest news from the music industry - what’s made by whom and where, what’s new - and to give feedback that will go directly to the CEO’s of all our major manufacturers.
- You will have the opportunity to use our social media to help promote your band's activities. Through “liking,” “sharing” and “tweeting,” we can help you get the word out about fundraisers, concerts and other important happenings in your band.
- You will have access to the latest music advocacy research, educational policy trends at the state and local levels, and all the work being done by the NAMM Foundation and the SupportMusic.com Coalition on our behalf.
- Need help recruiting, mouthpiece testing, or starting your beginners? We’re there!
- Need an on-site marching accessories sale for your students - right at your school? We’re there!
- Need help with inventory assessment, budget or equipment proposals that will get you want you need? We’re there!
- Need help with grant-writing or videoing NBCT or NBCT renewal? We’re there!
- Going to a marching contest or concert assessment? We’re there - with on the spot repairs, loaners for “emergencies,” and all the stuff your students forgot.
- Need help with any aspect of your program? We’re there!
Our Education Specialists include:
- Shane Vickery - Former band director and awarded Teacher of the Year 1994, currently plays with the New Prospect Baptist Church and First Baptist Church Orchestras, the Electric City Big Band in Anderson and the Easley Concert Band.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (864)617-1857
- Scott Brady - Formerly worked in Michigan as a teacher, clinician and lecturer. Current member of the Upstate Winds and the Carolina Saxophone Quartet.
- email@example.com (864)982-6050
- Vince Clayton - Former band director, current clinician and adjudicator
- firstname.lastname@example.org (803)260-0102
- Scott Parker - Former band director and member of Carolina Crown; tuba/euphonium specialist.
- email@example.com (803)920-3112
- Tracy Leenman - Former band and choir director, woodwind specialist (bassoon/flute); former music business faculty at Newberry College.
- firstname.lastname@example.org (864)979-5931
If you’d like to learn more about what Musical Innovations can do for you and for your school band program, check us out on Facebook, visit us at www.musicalinnovations.biz, or call us at (864) 28-MUSIC [286-8742]. We look forward to adding you to our list of Preferred Accounts soon!